Time flies so fast. It feels like yesterday when you first held your child. When it comes to gifts, one-year-old kids are not picky. They don’t really care about the price and the brand of your gifts. What really excites them is the fact that they have presents to open.
One of the most important things to consider when buying a gift for a one-year-old is that it should be something educational, something that will help them with their development. Nothing to be grand nor fancy. To help you ease with the burden of digging the Internet and toy stores, we’ve listed top 10 ideal gifts for one-year olds.
1. ABC Toys
It is never too early to introduce your one-year olds to ABCs. The alphabet is an essential part of every person, especially for the young ones. Everyone learned how to speak and communicate by knowing the letters and sounds. No one was taught how to read without knowing the alphabet first because it is the foundation of any language. It is a must to expose them bit by bit to this learning.
Here are some of the best ABC toys that you can give to your kids.
- Timy Wooden Alphabet Puzzle Board: Great learning toy that includes 26 uppercase letters to fit into a wooden puzzle board. Smooth wooden alphabets painted with bright colors: red, yellow, blue, green, and purple.
- BleuZoo Soft Alphabet Cards: Great toy to learn the ABCs. Letters are prominently displayed on the front of the card on a unique colored background. While the other side depicts a colorful child friendly animal that corresponds with the letter.
- Melissa & Doug ABC-123 Abacus: The abacus features 36 double-sided letter and number tiles. Helps teach letter, number, color, and pattern recognition; encourages fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
The Importance of Learning the Alphabet for Toddlers: The posts discusses the importance of learning the alphabet among toddlers.
2. Building Blocks
Building blocks not just excite your young ones but offer a lot of benefits for their development. It is actually one of the best educational toys that develops multiple skills among children. Block play involves sorting, matching, and following sequence; thus, developing your kids cognitive skills aside from emotional, physical, and social development. It also improves their mathematical skills and vocabulary.
Read these relevant resources and learn more about the benefits of building blocks to your toddlers.
- The benefits of toy blocks: The science of construction play: The post offers information on the benefits of toy blocks to your kids. It also provides tips on how to enrich block play.
- 5 Benefits of Building Blocks: The post provides five benefits of playing building blocks.
We’ve listed top three building blocks that your kids will surely love.
- First Builders Big Building Bag: 80 classic-colored building blocks, including special shapes. Perfect for little hands
- Top Bright Wooden Building Blocks Set: This baby blocks for 1 year old contains 80 pieces in different bright color and shape, printed with cute animals and letters. Toddlers can freely use their imagination to build the whimsy,exercise balance and hand-eye coordination.
- Melissa & Doug Deluxe Jumbo Cardboard Blocks: Includes 40 blocks in three sizes. The blocks are made of premium, extra-thick red cardboard blocks that hold up to 150 pounds.
3. Color toys
Kids love colors and get easily attracted to them. At a young age, they are interested in creating arts and curious about the colorful things they see. You can never go wrong in picking color toys for your one-year old. Giving them these kinds of toys will help them learn basic colors at an early stage.
We’ve listed three best olor toys that you can give to your toddler.
- GYBBER&MUMU Wooden Preschool Colorful Shape Puzzle: Encouraging babies’ hands, eyes, brain coordination, promoting color recognition and fine motor skills, so as to inspire children’s imagination.
- Gleeporte Colorful Counting Bears with Coordinated Sorting Cups: Kids will grow to love counting, sorting, matching, and playing with these cute bears. The bright colors make these bears visually stimulating as well.
- The Learning Journey Lift & Learn Puzzle: Promotes creativity, tactile and motor development, and thinking and learning.
4. Shape-sorting toys
Introduce the world of shapes to your toddlers using these shape-sorting toys. These toys are a great way to encourage your babies to solve puzzles; hence, developing their problem-solving skills. When they try to insert a circle into rectangle or oval shape, they will see that it is not working. They will then try to insert it into another slot until they find the correct one. With this, they were triggered to use their problem-solving skills. You will be amazed to see their progress.
Check out these relevant resources and gain more knowledge about the benefits of shape-sorting toys to your kids.
- Benefits of Shape Sorter Toys: The post provides a detailed description of the advantages of shape sorter toys. It also includes different types of shape sorters.
- Amazing Benefits of Shape Sorter Toys: The post provides five benefits of shape sorting toys including fine motor skill development, reasoning skills, and learning about cause and effect.
With lots of shape sorting toys available on the Internet and toy store, we’ve listed top three best choices.
- Play22 Baby Blocks Shape Sorter Toy: Educational blocks sorer cube shapes is challenging and fun for little ones.
- Fat Brain Toys Shape Sorter: Simple, timeless, educational fun for little ones.
- Melissa & Doug Match & Roll Shape-Sorter: Our shape-sorting toy helps teach multiple skills, including color and shape recognition, sorting skills, problem-solving abilities, and manual dexterity.
5. Stacking Toys
Stacking toys also develop multiple skills of your one-year olds. It develops hand-eye coordination since kids learn how to pick and stack objects. They are also exposed to the cause and effect learning by trying to figure out which will work best. The manipulation of pieces strengthens your kids’ motor skills. Kids exposed to puzzlement are encouraged to think outside the box; thus, developing their problem-solving skills at an early stage.
These relevant resources offer detailed information on the advantages of stacking toys.
- How Stacking/Nesting Toys Can Develop Early Language and Fine Motor Skills: The post provides six benefits of stacking toys to your kids.
- Stacking Blocks Developmental Milestones and Awesome Fun Activities: The post discusses the things that your kids are practicing when stacking objects.
Select from these amazing stacking toys that you can give to your one-year old.
No products found.
- Oopsy Babies Educational Stacking Cups: With the letters, numbers and colors, it makes a great learning tool for babies & toddlers. More than just cups to stack.
- Sassy Stacks of Circles Stacking Ring STEM Learning Toy: Straight post accepts different sized rings, strengthening hand-eye coordination. Chunky rings make it easy for baby to grasp, strengthening fine motor skills.
- Happkid Stacking Cups with Castle Stacker for Toddler: Stack up, match shapes, sort colors and sizes. Develops kids’ fine motor, eye-hand coordination and problem solving skills.
6. Simple Puzzles
Puzzles also play an important role in the development of your kids as they offer various skills and mental learning opportunities. These toys are beneficial for your kids cognitive skills since kids develop a deeper understanding of the topic. Puzzles also help refine your kids fine motor skills since they are required to pinch, pick up, and move around the pieces. Completing the puzzle boosts their self-esteem. It makes them proud that they’ve accomplished the task given to them.
These relevant resources further discuss the benefits of puzzles to your young ones.
- The Benefits of Puzzles in Early Childhood Development: The post discusses the three basics of what puzzles do for your child: physical, emotional, and cognitive skills.
- 11 Advantages of Puzzles for Your Child’s Development: The post provides 11 benefits of puzzles for child development. It also includes some practical tips.
We’ve gone ahead and selected some puzzles that you and your kids can enjoy solving together.
No products found.
- Dinana Wooden Animal Jigsaw Puzzles: Dinana Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle helps children develop strong hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, and problem-solving abilities.
- 6 Pack Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles: Designed to encourage dexterity and logic, this jigsaw puzzle has chunky pieces that are perfectly sized for little hands to hold. Also, these toddler puzzles are safe for children, your baby can’t swallow them as it is big enough.
- Melissa & Doug Jumbo Knob Wooden Puzzles: Extra-thick wooden puzzle features jumbo wooden knobs for easy grasping. A perfect activity to encourage hand-eye coordination and visual perception skills.
7. Musical Instruments
Studies show that listening to music develops fetal brain development, this is why some expectant mothers listen to calming music. Musical toys are important to your child’s brain development so do not stop them from playing their favorite tunes. Music helps boost cognitive skills as it can help stimulate beneficial brain activity. Furthermore, playing the instrument enhances their memory and emotional wellbeing. You never know music might be their future career.
Check out these relevant resources and find out more about the amazing benefits of music to your little ones.
- 10 Huge Benefits of Musical Toys for Kids: The post discusses the major benefits of musical toys for kids.
- 5 Reasons Why Musical Instruments for Kids Are Important: The post offers five reasons why kids should play musical instruments.
No products found.
- ToyerBee Musical Instruments Toys Set for Kids: A perfect inspirational set of toys to get kids moving, grooving, and feeling the beat.
- Toddler Musical Instruments- Ehome 15 Types 22pcs Wooden Percussion Instruments Toy for Kids: Made of high quality non-toxic material, safe and reliable for young children.
- Aokiwo Kids Musical Instruments: 33 pcs 20 different kinds of musical toys, including shaking, tapping, beating and blowing instruments.
Balls may appear as an ordinary toy, but they are one of those must-have toys for toddlers. These can be played in various ways, which include catching, rolling, dribbling, kicking, and tossing. These activities improve not just the motor skills of your kids but develops hand-eye coordination and proper timing as well.
More information on the benefits of ball play from these relevant resources.
- Why Your Child Should be Playing With Balls: The post offers information on the importance of playing balls to your child development. It also includes tips on choosing the right ball, rules for play, and proper ball storage.
- Benefits of Ball Play: The post provides seven advantages of ball play. It also includes some easy ball games that you can play with your kids.
- The Developmental Benefits of Practicing Ball Skills With Your Child: The post lists five ball games that you can play with your child for developmental exercises purposes.
We’ve selected top three ideal balls for your toddler.
- Bedwina Knobby Balls: These lightweight balls are awesome for throwing, bouncing, rolling, catching and playing with both indoors and outdoors.
- Sensory Balls for Kids: Giving these easy to grasp and hold baby sensory balls and colorful stacking cups is a very effective way to develop baby’s tactile senses.
- BalanceFrom Non-Toxic Crush Proof Play Balls Pit: Each ball measures 2. 3 inches in diameter, a perfect size for small child’s hand. 6 bright & attractive Colors: blue, red, pink, green, orange and yellow.
9. Push and Pull Toys
A push toy will help your new walkers feel more confident and walk a little more stable. It helps build gross motor skills by providing support for babies who are starting to stand or walk alone. It also boosts their confidence, builds their strength, and enhances their balance. Pull toys have the same benefits as that of the push toys. These toys motivate your children to keep working on their gross skills.
We’ve picked the top three amazing push and pull toys for your kids.
- ArtCreativity Bubble Lawn Mower: An awesome toy that will have that kiddo bubbly with glee! This lawn mower doubles as a bubble blower machine kids will love.
- VTech Pop-a-Balls Push and Pop Bulldozer: Push the handle to roll the red bulldozer across the floor and watch it pop balls out of the chimney into the bucket.
- VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker: Interactive learning baby Walker features a removable toddler play panel that develops fine motor skills. Adjustable speed control on wheels.
No products found.
- VTech Pull and Sing Puppy: Push or pull the playful puppy using the cord to activate music while building gross motor skills
- Wooden Pull Along Toy Set of 3 Pull Along Toy: These thoughtfully designed toys by parents, help your little ones develop balance, early walking and hand-eye coordination for happy, healthy and smart kids.
- Melissa & Doug Pull-Back Vehicles: The rev-up mechanism inside each vehicle makes it easy for babies and toddlers to get big acceleration with little input.
Do your kids love bedtime stories? Why not add some additional books to their collection of stories? Reading books with them will encourage their interest in reading as they grow older. This enhances their imagination, vocabulary, and knowledge about the topics.
Learn some additional facts about the importance of reading books to your children from these relevant resources.
- Reading Books to Babies: The post discusses the benefits of reading to your baby. It also includes tips on what and how to read to them.
- 16 Benefits of Reading To Your Child: The post provides 16 benefits of reading to your children.
Here are some awesome books that you can include on your list.
- The Perfect Seat: The book tells the story of a parent and a child looking for the best spot for the story-time.
- You Are My Happy: As mama bear and her cub cuddle together before closing their eyes for a good night’s sleep, they reflect on the everyday wonders of life that make them happy.
- Why?: A simple story about the unfailingly curious Rabbit– and his patient friend Bear, who always answers his questions.
- The Amazing Partituki & Friends. The First Adventure: A great adventure book that teaches a good lesson of being nice, making friends, and working as a team. Partituki and his friends will work together to beat the Hungrydragon.
- The Amazing Kid Book of Things That Go: A great reference book that will help young readers to learn about transports and things that go. This book has a bunch of vibrant and colorful pictures of cars, motorcycles, trucks, planes, train that your children will love.
- My First 101 Words: A great picture book for your young ones who are starting to learn their ABCs, recognize objects, and identify the name of the objects. This book has 101 basic English words accompanied with pictures.
- Will the Princess Get Married: A great fictional book that will give your kids an idea about royalty and true friendship. The story tells about how Partituki and his friends helped Princess Claire and Prince James.
Remember: Gifts for your one-year old do not have to grand and fancy. Give them something they will learn from. I hope you’ll find the ideal gift for your one-year olds. Happy learning!
Last update on 2023-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API